Posting:

Due to the current troll infestation we will be requiring you to sign in to leave a comment. Also, please note that we will be very nice in the regular posts, but we will not be gentle in the Sunday Blaspheme posts. You will be expected to back up any ideas with facts.

I am always happy to answer any questions I can:)

New Rule! Staff reserves the right to cuss you out and post your correspondence if you send us annoying emails.

Best!

Brett

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Nightwing huh, must be Sketch Saturday!


After this week I'm adding a new rule. You can only gt one sketch a month UNLESS no one emails me in the first 24 hours. This way everyone gets a crack at a sketch instead of only a few:)

Best,

Brett

11 comments:

Dave Irwin said...

AMAZING!!! I love Eddy Barrows' work as well, but I would LOVE to see you work on "Nightwing" sometime soon! :)

Dave Irwin said...

Also...I'd love to see your take on the new "Stormwatch" crew, specifically Apollo & Midnighter! :)

Brett said...

Dave,

That would be great fun! I did do a few designs for Nightwing. We'll see if they use them!

Gah! Not more teams! My hand is cramping already!

Best,

Brett

Fatboy73 said...

Just curious Brett. Do Marvel and DC generally pay a higher page rate for team books?
I know shlocking it out here in the bowels of comicdom it's never going to happen, but I was always curious if the big boys stepped up.

Brett said...

Fatboy,

I don't think so no. My page rate for Larfleeze was the same as JLA.

I think they get together (editors)and decide on a rate. You get a different rate for covers at DC and Marvel.

Best,

Brett

Erik Sveinson said...

Awesome Nightwing! If you ever get around to doing a Rose Wilson/Ravager piece, I would definitely be interested in that. Also, I absolutely LOVE the Ravagers #1 variant cover!

steve said...

Just got back from Avengers, I think you'll dig it. So much fun. Hulk owns this movie.

Steve

Derek Ruiz said...

They should have you do a short run on Nightwing to introduce Backlash and then have you launch the all new Backlash series.

Brett said...

Erik,

Thanks! I only got to draw a few Rose's for the whole crossover, and no Fairchild's at all!

Steve,

Andrew said the same thing. I think that;s why they are trying for yet another Hulk movie... I loved the other 2 so I can't complain;)

Derek,

that thought has indeed crossed my mind;)

Best,

Brett

Derek Ruiz said...

I should get a DC Editor Job lol

Unknown said...

Dave Irwin's wish to see Apollo and Midnighter drawed by you is also mine. *_*

What I like more about this sketch is the sense of freedom in it. I belive that's what Dick is about.